Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oct 4

Lynns blog about names made me think about my kids names. I don't even remember why we picked some names.
Jared Francis -(sfter his dad Edward Francis)

James Lloyd -( after my dad Lloyd)

Daniel Edward -( after his dad Edward)

Rebecca Lynn - ( her dad liked the name)

Michael Scott- okay there is a story here. Back in the dark ages before ultra sounds that told us what our babies sex was going to be I felt very strongly from the third month that this baby was a boy and his name was going to Michael William. After Ed's dad William Francis. This little guy ( now 23) was in a hurry to get here and I barely made it to the hospital and then he just didn't look like any name. The hospital was bugging me to name him so we named him Richard Scott.After we had been home a week I KNEW his name was supposed to be Michael so I changed it. Had to send forms to the goverment and all.

Shane William- another story. After the hassle with Michael we would not name Shane until we were sure so I took him home nameless! We were at an EQ party and they asked me his name and I said I didn't know. They asked what was on my list and I said I didn't know but I wasn't naming him until I did. It was a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh thank you!

What cool and interesting stories!

I was really fascinated by the Michael William one. That is the exact name of my brother who was adopted at birth.

His name was Michael Shane when my parents picked him up, but then changed the second name to my dad's. So Michael William it was.

Then several years later, my parents adopted my other brother. What was his name? Shane. : D

P.S. My sister Yvonne also took a baby home and didn't name it for WEEKS! She just couldn't decide. The gov't finally told her she had to name it or they would. : D

Thanks for sharing.
Loved the history behind the names.