Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My dad is wonderful!!

Dad built us this table for me about 25 years ago because he was worried the table we had would collapse sometime when it was loaded with food and dishes. It has been through several moves and is as steady as ever.
Dad built the china cabinet for Ed's parents 25 wedding anniversary 29 years ago. When they moved to a smaller place we inherited it.(note all Colts awards on the top shelf!)

And he built me this ceder chest and and I don't even remember when but I think it was probably around 30 years ago. I have been thinking about the stuff Dad built because of something I want built for someone for christmas. He also built me a baby swinging cradle 31 years ago but I don't have it still.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Dad's who can build with their own hands, build with a lot of love. That's why I can't ever think about moving from this house. My daddy has built SO much within these walls for us. I would have to actually pick up this house and move it on a truck, I think. I don't think that is allowed in this city and so here we stay.

Those are REALLY nice things that your dad built. I hope the baby cradle is still in your family somewhere. I am so sentimental, aren't I? : D

Sheena Searls said...

I miss Grandpa. I feel a little cheated since most of his siblings are still alive. He should be as well. At least I know that he is happy where he is, but I still miss him. I am sad that my husband Derek never got to meet him.