Thursday, October 2, 2008

A day in my life!

Another son had a birthday today. He turned THIRTY!!!! I got pictures of him last night at a little surprise birthday party for Jared but can't get them on. I don't understand my new camera that Colt gave me for my birthday:( But I will get more tomorrow. I helped Misty unpack a few things today. Took kids to basketball, and tomorrow I will help Grandma Hart ( Ed's mom) and a billion other people at the rummage sale.This sale is a big thing here in Hanna. It happens twice a year in the fall and the spring. It is held in our curling rink and had spread also to the ice arena because it is so large.It is unbelievably big!!! And everything is donated and all the proceeds go to buy equipment for the hospital. The prices are unbelievably low!! The ice arena is just furniture and some of the stuff is really nice and very cheap. Last year we got three exercise bikes free because at the end of the sale they are just giving stuff away.This year grandma is getting me any material free to make baby blankets . I made some for her to give the hospital so she made the deal for me. We give the kids five dollars to spend and they find all kinds of junky treasures. ( Did I just say that????) I will never go on the actual sale day. It is so so crowded and you really have no room to see what there is, but if you go help sort and arrange you get to shop the night before its public.The one thing i don't understand is how a small town the size of Hanna can have such a large sale twice a year , year after year. And there is a lot of GOOD stuff there, I mean like new and in good shape.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh to be thirty again! *sigh*

I sure wish I lived in Hanna. Sounds like you've got some awesome deals out there. Let us know what you get this time. I am curious to see.

P.S. What did you do with all those exercise bikes? IS everyone using them at the house all at the same time?