Saturday, October 4, 2008

Brendan Kyle- no story

Justin Colter- goes by second name. I got the name from a t.v. show (blush) I think it was Fall Guy. I loved the name Colter!!!! His dads family called him Justin and my family called him Colt. Now everyone calls him Colt. Now we have a grandson Justin Craig Hart. And we get Colt's legal mail to Justin C Hart.?!?!

Mckenzie Nicole - no story but very happy to have another girl after 7 sons.

Joshua Ford- when we applied to adopt we asked only for a girl. I have nothing against boys only I had seven and I wanted a girl. A week before we got the phone call I said if its a boy his name is Joshua Ford. We got a phone saying there had been a baby boy born that morning and were we interested? How can we say no!! I wanted to call him Ford because i really like that name but it just didn't stick.

Tashena Rose Cheyenne - Had a hard time picking her name as I had such a long list. My nephew had cancer and his wifes twin sister Rose was tending their kids about the same time we got Tashena and Cheyenne was the name her birth mother gave her.

Shaylee Dawn- I got a phone call from an agency we had never heard of asking if we wanted a baby due soon if it wasn't a boy. ( not sure of that story) I prayed about it that night because I figured they would get my hopes up and it wouldn't happen. In my prayers I felt it would be a girl and her name would be Shaylee Dawn and she would weigh #7 pounds. The next day the agency phoned me and said she was born go get her! Our home study update wasn't even completed.

Treydon Adam- I really like the names Jaden andKaden but I wanted a T name to go with Ta'merra so i just traded K for T. Kinda thought I made it up but found out I hadn't. Colt picked the second name.

Ta'merra Leigh- also got this name from a t.v. show. It is about twin african american girls that got adopted into differant families and then find each other. Kinda corny but cute. Could decide how to spell the name so it would be said right. It was between To'morra (like tomorrow) or Ta'merra.

2 comments:

Sheena Searls said...

And here I always thought you named Tashena after me. :)

The Nevilles would like to say... said...

DJ was just asking about the story behind each of your adopted kids and I was worried about getting the stories mixed up. I'm so glad you listed them all.Leslie