Sunday, January 11, 2009

We went to the banquet friday night and had such a good time. We sat with Ed's mom and brother and his girlsfriend. It was a wonderful roast beef dinner and then this young man entertained us. He is just 18 and comes from a ranch in St. Paul Alberta. But you can see how well he has done. What made the night was so wonderful is that he played to the main age group that was there which was in their seventies. He sang songs that they all knew and they loved it. Plus he lhad an amazing voice.Please anyone who reads this who has heard of him comment because as you can see he has performed for large large crowds in Edmonton and we had never heard of him.
Saturday morning Mckenzie and I headed to Edmonton to go shopping with Colter for his mission. Colt was really lucky in that he found some fantastic sales on the brand of dress shoes that we knew would last the best. He also go 10% off on his suits but he still spent a bundle. He said he almost felt sick after he left the suit store. But he really liked trying on the coat and shoes for us. We didn't even leave West Edmonton Mall until 10;30. Its TOO BIG for me and TOO MANY people!!!!!! And the kind of stuff I like they don't even have! Material. Sunday morning Colt made us a nice breakfast and we just lazed around and visited. Coincindently we ran into Daniel in Camrose on our way home and I was really glad to follow him as the weather was supposed to be bad and I'm was not really sure of the way home, but we only hit bad weather for maybe ten minutes.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Welcome home! Glad your trip was somewhat successful! I use to work in West Ed Mall. I managed the two BASKIN ROBBIN stores. Not ever sure they are still there. I have a TON of great memories of that city and a TON of BAD memories. I've only been back there once since I moved away almost 25 years ago. I bet the mall has changed a LOT More since I was there.