Sunday, August 17, 2008

I am back from shopping in the states with dd while my other kids were at a week long bible camp. First to explain the family pictures. The one of just the boys are the oldest to youngest starting from right to left. Jared-31, James-29, Daniel-27, Michael-24, Shane- 21 ( brendan missing -20) Colter-18. Treydon -6 opn dads lap and Josh 11. Right now all the boys and their wifes live near me but by the end of summer Michael, Colt and Shane will be gone. In the pictures of the younger kids I got in the mood to do a photo shot ( i have never done before) so we went out and played around. I am hooked now and want to do it some more. My favorite is the close up one with the yellow flowers. This week I will have two of my littleist grandchildren and I am going to have dd help me take a bunch of pictures of them and see what we come up with. In the states I didn't find much material which i was really disappointed but i did some Christmas shopping and finished up a couple of the kids. Dd found her "brand name "clothes at sopme really good prices. We stayed at a motel with a pool and dd (15) and I played around in it and the hot tub. Back in canada we visited my sister LaVerle and some nieces. We shopped in Lethbridge for a few hours. We came out and started the car to get it cooled off and shut the doors to put stuff in the trunk and somehow the doors all locked?!?!?! We waited anout 35 minutes for a tow truck with the car running. When we got home Ed ( hubby) had put a new floor on the litchen. It lookks like wood, it looks really nice. The four little ones were still at camp. It was very quiet at church for our family! I am really excited about different quilt top patterns I got. I am making a quit top from what was left from another top and it is of necessity pieced and i am doing different sizes of pieces that add up to an 11 inch block. Will post a picture when its done. It is so-o-o-o hot in my house I hauled my material and cutting board downstairs to work on it in my sons room. When he gets home he will not be pleased to not be able to walk in his room. Oh well you snooze you lose. He is off with his girl friend.

No comments: